So Bunny came up and said, 'I would like to put a valance on the kitchen windows. I already have the material I want to use.' OK, so what do you want it to look like. She shows me something she found on Pinterest. We go to Lowes and pick up the supplies I need to do the job. The next day I am prepping to start and she says, "what if we do it this way.' and shows me something different in Pinterest. Wow, that may be a lot easier than the first plan, plus, I already have everything I need to do it.
Now, keep in mind, Bunny doesn't sew, or anything else that comes to material, fabric, etc. so that's me.
So here is the material we are going to use.
Here is where they are going to go. There are a couple of angles that need to be dealt with as well.
So I grab a couple of 2x4's, measure the length wanted for each window and cut them to size.
Because they are going right above the windows, I know there is going to be header inside the wall to attach to. So I drilled holes into the 2x4 about 2.5" inches down. I used 3" in. deck screws to attach the 2x4 to the wall.
I had to calculate the angle need to turn the corner on the two end windows and this is what I ended up with. The test fix was good.
Now on to the fun part. I used velcro to attach the fabric to the lumber. I couldn't find the super industrial sticky backed velcro so I bought plain white non-stick velcro, .5" in wide, and a couple of rolls of Gorilla Double Sided Tape.
I cut the Velcro into 1" in lengths.
Then stuck them to the double sided tape, then cut them into individual pieces. I did this for the hook and the loop.
Then stuck them to the board spaced about 3" in apart.
You have to put the Velcro on the board before you measure your fabric. The Velcro adds a little to the width you will need.
I started by folding the primary top edge over and ironing it. Then lift the edge you just created and put hem tape under the flap and ironing it again. Let it cool before you move or bend it.
Then do the sides.
After I finished that, I test fit it to make sure it was correct then stuck the Velcro on the fabric. Once that was done, I screwed the boards to the wall then attached the fabric.
So here is the finished product. Happy Bunny!!