I have been demo'ing the basement. I have pulled the drop ceiling out along with the grid, pulled out the lights and put can lights in. I have pulled 4 new runs from the breaker box and pulled one run of aluminum out and pulled all aluminum to copper patches. I didn't realize aluminum wasn't pronounced aluminum. Its pronounced Al-u-min-i-um. Don't believe me? Ask a Brit.
Anyway, here is a pic of the room I have been working on. This was taken with the house was on the market.
Here is where I am at now.
That hole is a crawl space. There are a couple in the house. They are open to the basement so the humidity is super high. I crawled in and leveled out the dirt and rolled plastic out. I started cutting insulation have half of it in right now, so I can do a better job at closing this space off from the rest of the basement. This should reduce the humidity and keep it warm in the winter. What a pain.
There were a couple of 6" heavy steal ducts running into the crawl space. I am pulling both and running one new flex duct, in order to reduce the size of the soffit needed. I also temporarily tossed one of the florescent lights I pulled down, in the crawl space so I can see what I'm doing.